Ciena Enhances Blue Planet with Analytics
January 25, 2017
Dana Cooperson, Research Director at Analysys Mason said, “Real-time data analytics is fast becoming a priority for operators: it is both a source of invaluable insights into network performance, trends and potential issues and an enabler for the improved automation that will allow them to truly gain the benefits of network virtualization and cloudification. Operators are signaling strong interest in open operational frameworks that can incorporate analytical applications from multiple vendors in support of intelligent network automation. Ciena’s Blue Planet Analytics leads a broader trend towards vendors incorporating microservices-based, policy-driven analytics into NFV/SDN orchestration and management platforms.”
Nirav Modi, Vice President and
General Manager, Blue Planet with Ciena added, “We’ve long
anticipated how today’s emerging trends like 5G, IoT and virtualization
would fundamentally change networks and drive new business models. A
natural extension of our Blue Planet software suite, our new Analytics
capability and NHP application give operators a powerful mechanism to
improve network performance and speed our customer’s transition to a
more intelligent, automated, and profitable network.”
• Integrating network analytics with orchestration and policy systems, Blue Planet Analytics helps operators to continue on the path to a more autonomous network and is a strategic evolution of Ciena’s Blue Planet software suite.
• Built on Blue Planet’s open design and extensible micro-services-based architecture, Blue Planet Analytics supports data collection from any source, including multiple network vendors, layers and physical or virtual domains. It can also take advantage of third party big data cluster systems such as Hadoop, Cloudera, and Hortonworks.
• Ciena is bringing two powerful new capabilities to market: ◦ Blue Planet Analytics – a robust and flexible software framework for collecting and normalizing data from any source across the network, and integrating with upper-layer analytics applications available from Ciena or from third parties.
◦ NHP – a new application designed to
work with Blue Planet Analytics that provides proactive network
assurance and advanced visualization, intelligently assessing the
likelihood of failures across the optical, Ethernet, and IP layers
before they impact end customers. NHP is the first in what will be a
family of analytics applications for Blue Planet Analytics.
• Blue Planet Analytics and the NHP
will be available in February 2017.