also introduced 13th Gen Intel Core
P-series and U-series mobile
processors, perfect for people who
want high performance on the go in
sleek, thin systems. They offer:
- Up to 14 cores (6 Performance-cores, 8 Efficient-cores) and enhanced Intel Thread Director.
- New Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics features including endurance gaming, XeSS Super Sampling and Intel® Arc™ Control.
- Broad memory support for DDR5 and DDR4 and LP variants.
- Integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) and new wireless features like Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite, Intel® Wi-Fi Proximity Sensing and Intel® Bluetooth LE Audio.6
- Up to four Thunderbolt 4 ports for the fastest, simplest and most reliable cable solution to any dock, display or accessory.7
For the first time, select designs based on 13th Gen Intel Core processors will feature the Intel® Movidius vision processing unit (VPU). Resulting from deep co-engineering with Microsoft on its new Windows Studio Effects, the AI-heavy tasks required for professional-grade collaboration and streaming can be offloaded to the VPU, freeing the CPU and GPU for other workloads or multitasking.
Across H-, P- and U-Series, the new mobile processors will elevate performance for the next generation of enthusiast designs, thin-and-light laptops, foldables, 2 and 1s and other form factors. More than 300 unique designs are expected this year from Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, MSI, Razer, Republic of Gamers, Samsung and others.
For the IoT edge, 13th Gen Intel Core processors deliver new industrial features, extended temperature operations and higher performing CPUs, with more graphics capabilities and AI performance. Ideal for retail, education, healthcare, aerospace, industrial and smart cities, the new processors provide better workload consolidation with more cores and threads, enabling applications to run on a single device.
New Intel Evo Designs Feature Longer Battery Life and Key Experiences
Intel continues to raise the bar for laptops and other on-the-go form factors with its Intel® Evo™ laptop specification. Under the new specification, Intel Evo designs with 13th Gen Intel Core processors deliver three key experiences:
- No-compromise mobile performance: Verified to deliver consistent responsiveness while unplugged, longer real-world battery life, instant wake and fast charge.
- Intelligent collaboration: Superior videoconferencing leveraging technologies like Intel Connectivity Performance Suite and Intel Bluetooth LE Audio. 8
- Intel Unison on eligible designs: A seamless multidevice experience enabling text messages, phone calls, phone notifications and file transfer from your PC to an Android- or iOS-enabled phone.9
The exceptional Intel Evo laptop experience doesn’t stop at the PC. The Engineered for Intel Evo program extends the high standards of verification and co-engineering to accessory partners. In addition to Thunderbolt 4 docks, monitors, storage and wireless headsets, new accessories like mice, keyboards and access points from key partners join the program today.
13th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processor Leadership Continues with New Family Additions
Intel bolstered the world’s best desktop processor experience with new 13th Gen Intel Core processors launching today.10 Rounding out the 13th Gen desktop processor family that first launched with the enthusiast-focused K-series SKUs in September, new 35-watt and 65-watt SKUs provide mainstream PC users even more choice for power efficiency while still delivering incredible performance in gaming, creation and productivity.
- Up to 5.6 GHz, 24 cores/32 threads – with the introduction of Efficient-cores to Intel Core i5 mainstream processors – and larger L2 cache combining to deliver up to 11% single-threaded and 34% multithreaded performance over 12th Gen Intel Core non-K processors.11 These gen-over-gen performance gains ensure that the new 35-watt and 65-watt 13th Gen Intel Core non-K processors are delivering next-level performance in both gaming and content creation for mainstream PC users.
- Full forward and backward compatibility with 600-series and 700-series motherboards, as well as support for both DDR5 and DDR4 memory.
- Improved energy efficiency with Intel® Dynamic Tuning Technology and better power scaling, delivering greater performance per watt (PPW) than ever before.
Intel Processor N-series Launch for Entry-Level Computing
Following the sunsetting of the Intel
Pentium and Intel Celeron branding,
Intel today introduced the new Intel
Processor and Intel Core i3 in the
N-series family of products –
purpose-built for the education
segment, entry-level computing and
IoT edge native applications. They
- New Efficient-cores (microarchitecture code-named Gracemont) built on the Intel 7 process technology.
- Up to 28% better application performance and 64% better graphics performance on the Intel Processor over the previous generation.12
- For the first time, scale up to the new Intel Core i3 N-series for up to an additional 42% application performance and 56% graphics performance over the Intel Processor.13
- Up to 10-hour HD video playback without recharging.14
- New AV1 decode, high-resolution display engine and improved IPU and MIPI camera support.
- Extended connectivity with ultra-fast Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) and Bluetooth 5.2.
- Flexible memory (LPDDR5, DDR5/DDR4) and storage (UFS/SSD/eMMC) options.