Space Robotics Firm GITAI Wins $17M Round
March 1, 2021
GITAI, a developer of general-purpose work robots for space use, has completed a Series B round of funding totaling 1.8 billion yen (approx. USD17.1M) to accelerate and expand its business and technology development.
In this round, GITAI received investments from the following companies and funds through third-party allotment.
– The Space Frontier Fund (SPARX Innovation for the Future Co., Ltd.)
– DCI Venture Growth Fund (Daiwa Corporate Investment Co.,Ltd.)
– The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company, Limited
– EP-GB L.P. (EPSON X Investment Corporation / Global Brain Corporation)
– Development and personnel costs to establish the compatibility with space environment
– Costs for on-orbit extra-vehicular technology demonstration scheduled for 2023
In 2040, GITAI will be an equal partner with the world’s leading space launch companies, providing inexpensive and safe labor to build cities on the Moon and Mars, and space colonies.
They provide the transportation; we provide the work.
They lower the cost of transportation; we lower the cost of work.