Elastic Intros Free and Open Limitless XDR
released a free and open Limitless Extended Detection and Response (XDR). Part
of Elastic Security, Elastic Limitless XDR modernizes security operations by
unifying the capabilities of security information and event management (SIEM),
security analytics, and endpoint security.
• Block malware and ransomware, perform collection and inspection, detect and take responsive actions on the endpoint, and support DevSecOps and observability use cases by collecting application traces through a single agent.
• Accelerate security operations with automated hunting and investigation workflows, built-in case management, and hundreds of one-click integrations created by Elastic and its global user community.
• Deploy on premises, in the cloud, or hybrid.
• Ingest and prepare data from across any environment and search it in milliseconds to seconds with the frozen data tier, powered by searchable snapshots, on low-cost object stores such as Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, and Microsoft Azure Storage.
• Efficiently retain years of actionable telemetry to uncover long-dwelling threats and markers of newly discovered exploits.
• Uniformly analyze information stored across multiple clouds without the
delay and expense of backhauling data.
• Automate threat detection with rules built by Elastic and community security researchers and shared on a public detection rules repository.
• Uncover security-relevant anomalies with prebuilt machine learning jobs.
• Aggregate results, prioritize, and investigate across multi-cloud
“Elastic has given Sally Beauty the ability to streamline the security stack, while greatly expanding detection and prevention capabilities. Having one unified agent that can collect endpoint and network telemetry data, while also providing world-class prevention, has been a real game changer. The move to a decentralized workforce, due to the pandemic, would have previously left us scrambling to not lose capabilities. But due to the benefits of Elastic Cloud, we were perfectly positioned to continue securing our assets and infrastructure, regardless of location. With the Elastic Security Platform, our Security Operations Team has everything we need to Prevent, Detect & Respond to Cyber Security Threats.” - Sr. Information Security Engineer, Sally Beauty.
“Between today’s advanced attack techniques and complicated IT environments, it is more difficult than ever for organizations to stop threats before damage is done. Adding to this challenge, security teams have to pivot between multiple tools to investigate and respond fully to attacks. By combining SIEM and endpoint security, Elastic Limitless XDR provides fast detection and response capabilities with cloud, user, endpoint, and network telemetry to simplify investigation and response on a single platform.” - Nate Fick, General Manager, Security at Elastic